Xiaomi, one of the world’s largest smartphone makers, did not even offer a phone when it started but an operating system. Now, it is among the leading consumer electronics manufacturers. Check out facts about Xiaomi.
- Xiaomi Corporation was founded in April 2010.
- The full name of the company is Beijing Xiaomi Technology Co., Ltd. (北京小米科技有限责任公司).
- Xiaomi’s products are “Just for fans.”
- Xiaomi (小米) means “millet.”
- “MI” in the Xiaomi logo stands for “Mobile Internet” and “Mission Impossible.”
- Lei Jun is the founder, Chairman, and CEO of the Xiaomi Group.
- Xiaomi Group has over 35,000 full-time employees, of which over 32,000 are in China.
- Xiaomi entered 12 technological fields of research and development.
- Xiaomi obtained more than 29,000 patents globally.
- In 2021, Xiaomi smartphone shipments totaled 191 million units.
- Xiaomi is the third-largest smartphone brand in the world, with 12.73% of the total market share.
- In China, Xiaomi is the fifth biggest smartphone brand.
Our other posts about Xiaomi: