Clothing and various types of fashion accessories remain one of the most popular industries in China for years back. The wide range of low-cost clothing and accessories is a great deal for importers. Before importing fashion accessories from China to the EU or any products from abroad, there are a few things to keep in mind. We will discuss those in this article.
Fashion accessories suppliers in China
When sourcing from China or any other third country, finding a factory that meets our standards and expectations is important. Fortunately, in China, many provinces specialize in producing fashion accessories.
The following are among the largest production areas specializing in the production of clothing accessories:
Importing fashion accessories – requirements in the European Union
Before deciding to import fashion accessories from China, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the current customs duties in the European Union of the products concerned. They are available and kept regularly updated in the TARIC system.
Examples of accurate duties on accessories, as well as their HS codes, are listed below:
- felt hats (6505 00 10 00) – 5.7%
- baseball caps (6505 00 30 00) – 2.7%
- silk scarves (6214 10 00 90) – 8%
- leather belts (4203 30 00 90) – 5%
- ties and bow ties (6215 90 00 90) – 6.3%
- gloves (3926 20 00 00) – 6.5%
- leather handbags (4202 21 00 90) – 3%
- leather wallets and purses (4202 31 00 90) – 3%
- watches (9101 11 00 00) – 4.5%
- silver jewelry (7114 11 00 00) – 2%.
Importing fashion accessories – fashion fairs
Fashion fairs are a great way to explore the target market. Participation in trade fairs is beneficial for networking.
Jewelry Seasons China
- Location: Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center
- Official website: shanghaijewelleryfair.com
All China Leather Exhibition
- Location: New International Expo Centre, Shanghai
- Official website: aclechinacom
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics
- Location: National Exhibition and Convention Center, Shanghai
- Official website: intertextile-shanghai-apparel-fabrics-autumn.hk.messefrankfurt.com
Shoes and Leather Guangzhou
- Location: China Import and Export Fair Complex Area A
- Official website: toprepute.com.hk
Importing fashion accessories from China to the EU – Summary
When sourcing clothing accessories from China to the EU, it is worth researching production regions and the customs duty for the goods. Additional import requirements may apply depending on the material from which the products are made. Also, remember that clothing labeling rules are strict, so make sure your goods have the correct tags before shipping them from China to the EU. Make sure your Chinese supplier is reliable by having due diligence conducted.