India is one of the largest manufacturers and exporters in the world. It is also the fifth-largest economy in the world. As it is a vast country, there are countless suppliers. In the article, we will explain how to find a trustworthy supplier from India and verify the company to get avoid getting scammed.
How to find a trustworthy supplier from India
Sourcing from India
In 2014, a government campaign called “Make in India” was launched to make India a major manufacturer. Multiple programs have boosted investment and innovation, particularly in sectors such as railways and medical devices. As a manufacturer, India competes with China, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Sri Lanka.
Why should you consider sourcing from India? Many manufacturers in India produce specifically for the European or US market. Imports of chemical industry products and jewelry are particularly popular. In most cases, the sea shipping time from India is shorter than from China.
How to find suppliers from India?
There are several ways to find a supplier from India.
The differences between sourcing from manufacturers and trade agents
If you order goods from the manufacturer, you can make changes to the product design directly. However, in some cases, the better solution is to use the services of an agent to act as an intermediary between you and the manufacturer. However, such an agent charges a 3-20% commission on the order.
Wholesalers from India and trading companies may offer you a wider range of products, but they are not as flexible as manufacturers. On the other hand, you can save a lot of time by choosing an agent instead of a supplier and ordering a new batch of products.
India manufacturer directories
Many manufacturers and suppliers of products from India can be found on the following websites:
India wholesale markets
If you want to source from India, it is a good idea to look for a supplier in wholesale markets:
- textiles – Kuberji Textile Park, Surat
- apparel – Surat Fabrics, Surat
- textiles – Gandhi Nagar Market, Delhi
- jewelry – Johari Bazaar, Jaipur
- miscellaneous – Begum Bazaar, Hyderabad
- porcelain and home decorations – Sadar Bazaar, North Delhi.
Attending trade fairs in India
By visiting trade shows, you get the opportunity to network and meet new potential suppliers. The largest fairs in India are:
- Automation Expo Connect (IT & technology)
- AAHAR – International Food & Hospitality Fair (hotel & restaurant)
- China Machinex India (industrial engineering)
- India International Trade Fair (art suppliers, crafts)
- Festival of Architecture and Interior Designing – New Delhi (construction)
- China Homelife India (electronics, home, and office)
- SATTE (tourism and travel)
- Renewable Energy India Expo (new energy)
- IMTEX (construction)
- PackPlus (packaging).
More trade shows in Vietnam can be found here: 10times.com/india.
Verifying a company from India
How can you know if the supplier is reliable? You can prevent scammers from swindling you out of money by running a background check on potential business partners. In other words, by verifying the company, you reduce the business risk. Prevent fraud and get data on the company, including:
- whether the company is registered
- the registered business form
- the scope of the company’s business
- whether the company has certificates, and if so, what kind
- whether legal proceedings are commenced against the company
How to find a trustworthy supplier from India? India company due diligence
We verify companies from Asia, including India. You will receive a report about your potential supplier a few days after the order is processed. The experts’ opinion in the report will help you make the decision if you should choose the supplier. Protect your business and order your report now!