FIBO fair is the largest international fair event in the fitness industry. The trade show showcases fitness equipment and accessories, garments, healthy food, and more. FIBO 2023 takes place in Cologne on April 13-16. It is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to meet hundreds of exhibitors from around the world and open up to business opportunities.
FIBO 2023 – where and when?
The first FIBO (Fitness und Bodybuilding) trade fair was held in 1985. Until 1991, the trade show was held in Cologne, then in Essen, and then returned to Cologne in 2013. The fair is organized annually and attracts up to 140,000 visitors.
Date of FIBO 2023: April 13-16, 2023 (Thursday-Sunday)
Opening hours: 9 AM – 6 PM
FIBO 2023 venue: Koelnmesse (Messegelände Köln, Messepl. 1, 50679 Cologne)
Organization: Reed Exhibitions Deutschland GmbH
Who is FIBO 2023 for?
The attendees of FIBO are:
- professional athletes, bodybuilders, fitness enthusiasts, fans of a healthy lifestyle, and amateur athletes
- suppliers and manufacturers in the fitness and related industries
- doctors, pharmacists, physiotherapists, nutritionists
- hotel, SPA center, massage parlor, beauty salon, solarium owners & managers
- gym, sports club, swimming pool owners & managers
- insurance companies, travel agencies
- trainers, instructors, PE teachers
- other professionals in particular industries.
FIBO 2023 program
The FIBO program in 2023 includes:
- seminars on the topics of sports garments, the market, and more
- discussion panels
- training sessions
- awards for the best products and innovative solutions in each category
- competitions (in bodybuilding, weightlifting, gymnastics, etc.)
- meetings with athletes and influential people in the industry.
Exhibitors at FIBO 2023
At the FIBO fair, visitors have a chance to get to know the offers of several hundred exhibitors from several dozen countries in the field of fitness, wellness, and health. Here is the link to the catalog.
Categories of products and services (from the most popular) at FIBO 2023:
- exercise equipment and home fitness equipment
- healthy sports nutrition
- therapy, prevention, and rehabilitation
- interiors and service
- sporting goods and small appliances
- group fitness, training concepts & licenses
- fitness and health studios
- wellness and beauty
- tourism and hospitality industry
- retail and e-commerce
- education and training
- corporate health management
- consulting services & new business
- exergaming (combining video games with physical exercise)
- CBD and hemp products
- video and audio.
Many exhibitors come from European countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, the Czech Republic, Great Britain, Poland, etc.), as well as from other continents: North America (Canada, the US), Australia, and Asia (Japan, South Korea.)
Suppliers from China at FIBO 2023
There will also be plenty of suppliers from China at the fair. The exhibitors from mainland China (about 90, over 10% of all suppliers) come mainly from the south of the country (like the Guangdong province). A significant number of these companies offer fitness equipment and accessories (for gyms and home use), sportswear, and special flooring. Some companies are in the wellness and food industry. You will find mainland China suppliers in areas 4.2B, 4.2D, 10.2F, 6A, 7A-C, 7E, 8A-E, and 9A-E.
Taiwan exhibitors during FIBO 2023
About 40 companies from Taiwan will exhibit at FIBO. Most of them offer fitness equipment (including stationary bikes) and accessories. They have booths in areas 4.2B, 6A-E, 7A-B, 7D, 7E, 8E, 9A, 9C, and 9E.
FIBO 2023 – Hong Kong companies
So far, one Hong Kong company has been accepted (stand number 6E78-01). It offers a unique solution, water-filled dumbbells.
Unreliable suppliers can be found in every industry. We recommend that you verify your chosen supplier before placing an order. Order your report, and in 48 hours you will find out whether the potential Chinese partner is worth your trust.
The exhibition center in Cologne has an indoor exhibition area of 284,000 m². The FIBO 2023 fair will take place in some of its halls. Topics of specific spaces:
- 4.1 – HYROX (championships)
- 4.2 – Beauty | Fashion | Healthy Sports Nutrition | Wearables | Innovation Area | Lifestyle Area
- 5.2 – e-Sports & Exergaming | Group Fitness | Home Fitness | Gaming & Activity Area | Group Fitness Stage
- 6 – Cardio & Strength | EMS & Vibration | Training Equipment | Innovation Area
- 7 – Cardio & Strength | Consulting Services | Digitalization & Tech | EMS & Vibration | Training Equipment | Future Forum | Tech Valley
- 8 – CBD | Health Concepts & Solutions | Health Training Equipment | Interior | Wellness & Spa | Body & Mind Area | Meeting Point Health | Innovation Area | Meeting Point Wellness & Spa | Therapy & Training Forum
- 9 – Cardio & Strength | Functional Training | Trading & Sourcing | Functional Forum by IFAA & Perform Better | IFAA Trainer Plaza
- 10.2 – Bodybuilding | Nutrition & Supplements | Fashion | CrossFit Area | Meet & Greet Area | Innovation Area | POWER Stage | Strongman Area
- Congress Centre North – FIBO Congress | European Health & Fitness Forum
How to register for FIBO 2023
You must purchase a ticket to attend FIBO 2023. To buy a ticket online, you must register or log in to an existing account. The price varies depending on the type of visitor.
Tickets for trade visitors (professionals only; business license, certificates, or school diplomas required)
- 1-Day Business Ticket: 40.00 EUR
- 1-Day Companion Ticket: 40.00 EUR
- 2-Day Business Ticket: 66.00 EUR
- 2-Day Companion Ticket: 66.00 EUR
- 4-Day Business Ticket: 89.00 EUR
- 4-Day Companion Ticket: 89.00 EUR
Tickets for the general public (non-professionals, entry on April 15th and 16th)
- Premium Pass: 89.00 EUR
- Saturday Pass: 36.00 EUR
- Saturday Student Pass: 33.00 EUR
- Sunday Pass: 33.00 EUR
- Sunday Student Pass: 30.00 EUR
- Weekend Pass: 54.00 EUR
- Weekend Student Pass: 51.00 EUR
- VIP Weekend Pass: 149.00 EUR
Tickets for congress attendees (80 lectures)
- 1-Day Congress Ticket: 99.00 EUR
- 2-Day Congress Ticket: 185.00 EUR
- 3-Day Congress Ticket: 250.00 EUR
- 1-Day Congress Upgrade Ticket: 61.00 EUR
- 3-Day Congress Upgrade Ticket: 164.00 EUR
Click the link to purchase tickets for FIBO 2023. You can redeem your voucher when buying the ticket.
How to get to FIBO 2023
Around 80 industry events and 2,000 conferences are held yearly at the Koelnmesse. It is an important object on the map of Cologne; therefore, it is well connected.
Cologne-Bonn Airport Port (distance: 16 km)
- At the airport, head towards Köln/Bonn Flughafen train station.
- Take the No. 19 suburban railway in the direction of Horrem or take a Regional Express Train towards Mönchengladbach to Köln Messe/Deutz station (time: 12 minutes).
Düsseldorf Airport (distance: 65 km)
- At the airport, follow the signs for the “Sky Train” towards Düsseldorf Flughafen.
- Change to a Regional Express Train towards Aachen or Koblenz (platform 4) and get off at Köln Messe/Deutz (time: 45 minutes).
Frankfurt Airport (distance: 180 km)
- From Terminal 1, walk to Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbahnhof Station. To get to the station from Terminal 2, use a shuttle bus.
- Change to the Inter City Express (ICE) from platform 7 to Köln Messe/Deutz station (time: 50 minutes).
- From the Cologne Messe/Deutz train station: a three-minute walk to the south entrance of the venue.
- From the main train station (Hauptbahnhof): four ways to get to the Koelnmesse
- By foot: use the main exit and cross the Hohenzollern Bridge (behind the cathedral; time: 15 minutes)
- By ferry: exit at Breslauer Platz and cross the Rhine by ferry (runs from Easter to October)
- By rail: take the S-Bahn and get off at Cologne Messe/Deutz (lines S6, S11, S12, and S19, time: 3 minutes)
- By taxi: exit the train station and head towards a taxi stand (time: 7 minutes to the south entrance).
- Take line 1 or 9 and get off at Bahnhof Deutz. The south entrance is about a three-minute walk from the station.
- Take line 3 or 4 and get off at Koelnmesse station (east entrance).
FIBO 2023 – the largest international trade fair event in the fitness industry
FIBO 2023 takes place from April 13 to 16 in Cologne, eastern Germany. It is the largest fair promoting a healthy and active lifestyle, attracting tens of thousands of participants from over 100 countries.