Every year there are two editions of the Canton Fair. We prepared a handful of practical information that will help you prepare for the fair.
Many new importers heading to their first fair in China choose the Canton Fair as their destination. Entrepreneurs who do business with Chinese companies also go to the Canton Fair at least once a year to learn about new trends in the market or meet with their Chinese business partners.
We prepared some practical information on the Canton Fair 2017.
1. The Canton Fair – when is it held?
Remember! The Canton Fair takes place on the same dates every year.
Regardless of whether these dates fall in the middle of the week or on Sunday, the autumn and spring editions of the Canton Fair always take place on the same days, which facilitates the organization of such a huge event.
2. What kind of products can you find there?
Which phase of the Canton Fair 2017 should you opt for?
The Canton Fair brings together tens of thousands of exhibitors and hundreds of visitors. Once you are there, you will probably hear more than once that it is impossible to see everything it has to offer. This is why it is crucial to come prepared and check which phase of the fair you should go to so that you do not end up meeting manufacturers of car parts while looking for electronic devices. Check where exactly – in which hall and on which floor – you can find the products you are interested in.
Check which phase of the Canton Fair you need to visit: Canton Fair – phases and products
3. How do you register for the Canton Fair 2017?
You can register on-site, but if you want to avoid enormous queues, it is far better to register one day before the event or use one of the following options:
- Register online and collect your badge beforehand – Online registration
- Register online and collect your entry badge in one of the hotels – list of hotels at the Canton Fair
- If you are planning to travel via Hong Kong, arrive earlier and collect your pass at the Canton Fair Hong Kong office more information
4. How much does it cost?
The Canton Fair is held on fixed dates, which is why you will not be able to get any special offers on flights or take advantage of other cheap travel options.
Examples of costs of participating in the Canton Fair:
- US–Guangzhou (Canton) flight ticket: USD 700 (West Coast) – 1,200 (East Coast)
- Three-star hotel: USD 100/per night
- Food and transport: USD 20-30/day
- English to Chinese interpreter: min USD 100 per day
- China Visa fee: USD 80
As you can see, the costs of visiting the Canton Fair amount to at least USD 1,000-2,000 per person.