Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023 is the largest platform outside of Asia that connects buyers with Asian manufacturers of home and garden tools and products. At the fair in 2023, the product range from the flourishing Asian markets will be introduced to Europe and North America. Attendees can find new suppliers, do business in person, and try out tools and products on-site.
What to expect at Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023
Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023 will bring together major home, garden, and leisure players. Over 750 exhibitors will present their products and services at the fair. Leading Asian suppliers and manufacturers will showcase a wide range of products at Asia-Pacific Sourcing, including but not limited to:
- gift articles, home decorations, and furnishings
- table decorations, housewares, kitchen fittings
- locks and fittings
- assembly and construction equipment
- gardening equipment
- barbeque, camping
- electrical small appliances
- major home appliances
- sports and leisure items
Exhibitors: The exhibitors at the Asia-Pacific Sourcing fair will include manufacturers and distributors from Asia of products for home and garden.
Visitors: The fair will welcome buyers from Europe and North America, mainly from sectors of retail, wholesale, and international trade.
Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023 – date and place
Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023 is taking place from February 28, 2023, to March 2, 2023, in Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia, in the city of Cologne, in the international trade fair and exhibition center Koelnmesse GmbH, under the address Messeplatz 1.
Since 2014 Asia-Pacific Sourcing has been held simultaneously with IAW (International Trade Fair for Retail Promotions and Imports). The ticket is valid at both events, benefiting visitors and exhibitors.
Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023 – opening hours
- February 28 – March 1, 2023: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- March 2, 2023: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- February 28 – March 1, 2023: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- March 2, 2023: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Admission tickets for Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023
Day tickets, as well as season tickets, are free and available only online. The exhibitor pass is 47,00 EUR.
The process of registration to visit Asia-Pacific Sourcing in 2023:
- Create an account on koelnmesse.com.
- Then, on the Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023 website, an option to order a ticket or redeem a digital ticket code will appear.
- In 2023 only digital admission tickets are used, so it’s necessary to download the Asia-Pacific Sourcing app, available in App Store and Play Store. Log in to the app using data from the koelnmesse.com account, and the admission ticket will automatically be displayed in the app’s ticket wallet. It should appear within 10 minutes of ordering.
- Only attendees with an admission ticket in the Asia-Pacific Sourcing app will be allowed to the trade show.
Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023 – restrictions
In North Rhine-Westphalia, restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic were lifted in April 2022. However, the Koelnmesse recommends only entering the venue if you were vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, have recently recovered from it, or have tested negative. It is also recommended to wear masks on the fairground.
There is no need to show proof of vaccination or test. The exception is people visiting from China, who must prove they have a valid reason for entering Germany. When applying for a visa, they must show proof of their status as either a visitor or an exhibitor. Moreover, from January 9, 2023, persons arriving from China must present a negative test for COVID-19 when leaving the country.
Some exhibitors, media, attendees, etc., need a business visa to enter Germany. Exhibitors are exempted from the visa fee.
Facts and figures
- In 2019, 786 exhibitors (644 in 2017, 656 in 2015) from 18 countries (14 in 2017, 11 in 2015) participated in Asia-Pacific Sourcing.
- The majority of exhibitors (639) were from Mainland China, 51 exhibitors from Hong Kong, 40 from Taiwan, and 20 from India.
- There were about 7,700 visitors (7,300 in 2017, 6,600 in 2015) from 84 countries at the Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2019.
Why visit Asia-Pacific Sourcing 2023
Usually, the event takes place every two years. However, the last edition did not happen because of COVID-19 restrictions. In 2023 the fair is making a comeback. It is worth taking the opportunity to establish contacts with suppliers and manufacturers from the Far East without going to Asia.
The expansive scope of the showcased goods, the knowledge and experience of exhibitors, as well as the high purchasing power of the visitors make Asia-Pacific Sourcing a place to be for industry professionals. The three-day fair is rich in opportunities to increase sales, exchange experience with the leading brands on the market, and establish valuable contacts.