2024 is the year when trade fairs in China are making a big comeback. In 2023, China resumed issuing all types of visas, as well as lifted mandatory quarantine and pre-flight testing, so the fair organizers expect an influx of foreign businesses in 2024. Do you want to visit trade shows in China 2024? We have some tips on which fairs are worth attending and how to prepare well for the business trip.
Why is it worth attending trade shows in China 2024?
China is the world’s top exporter and manufacturer in many industries. If you want to source from China or have so far sourced from Chinese suppliers only via online platforms, you should consider participating in trade fairs.
China is an example of a pro-partner culture that focuses on cultivating interpersonal bonds. Building friendly relationships face-to-face offers more benefits than maintaining contact via instant messaging or exchanging e-mails. That is why it is so important to participate in trade shows in person.
Moreover, taking part in trade fairs gives you the opportunity to meet suppliers that are not on Alibaba, etc., or test products for yourself. Add factory visits to your itinerary to get most of the business trip.
What are the most popular trade fairs in China 2024?
Trade fairs organized in China are focused on various industries and every business will find an exhibition to attend or exhibit. The following trade fairs are the most popular in China.
bauma China is the international trade fair for construction machinery, building materials machinery, mining machinery, and construction vehicles.
automechanika Shanghai is the most important exhibition in the automotive industry in China.
Pet Fair Asia
Pet Fair Asia is a platform connecting the demand & supply of the pet industry.
FIBO China is a massive trade fair focused on a healthy lifestyle and fitness.
International Gifts and Household Products Exhibition
International Gifts and Household Products Exhibition is a huge and famous exhibition in the gifts and household products industry in China.
Canton Fair is the largest and longest-running trade fair in China. Its scope is so massive that it is divided into three phases, taking place twice a year in spring and fall.
China International Furniture Fair (CIFF)
CIFF is one of the most prestigious furniture exhibitions divided into two phases: (1) home & interior decor and (2) office furniture, raw materials & machines.
China Yiwu International Commodities Fair
Yiwu Fair is the most influential trade fair regarding daily-use products in China. The city of Yiwu is called the world’s factory, from which many importers source products.
China International Beauty Expo (CIBE)
China International Beauty Expo is a beauty event. This scope is also wellness, fitness, and exercise equipment.
SIAL China is Asia’s largest food and beverage exhibition.
Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles
Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles is the largest and most important trade fair in China in the knitting and textile industry.
China (Guzhen) International Lighting Fair
China (Guzhen) International Lighting Fair is a fair for professionals in the lighting industry in “China’s lighting capital,” Zhongshan.
How to prepare for a Chinese trade show?
- Determine what industry you are most interested in or where the manufacturers whose products you want to learn about exhibit. Register for the fair and apply for a visa invitation (if needed).
- Prepare for the trip – obtain your visa, book a flight ticket and accommodation.
- Download WeChat, a translation app and a VPN (e.g. Express VPN) on your mobile device. For making payments, we recommend the Revolut app.
- Right before the trade fair, plan which stands you will visit and which seminars you will take part in. Prepare a list of questions for suppliers.
- Wear comfortable shoes to the exhibition hall and prepare a backpack or suitcase for promotional materials/samples from exhibitors.
What should you do before you place an order?
If you want to source from a Chinese supplier you met at a trade show, do not place an order at the spot. It will be more reasonable to obtain an initial price for the order and verify the potential Chinese business partner. If the company passes the verification, the next step is to sign a cooperation contract to retain your rights under Chinese law.
Trade fairs in China 2024 – to sum up
- Participating in trade fairs in China is a great way to find new Chinese suppliers and learn about trends.
- China holds trade shows in various industries.
- The largest and most popular exhibition in China is the Canton Fair.
- Prepare as best you can before the trade fair to get the highest return on investment.
- Apply for a visa (if needed) in advance and plan your trip.
- Even at trade fairs, you can come across unreliable manufacturers. Before you place an order, verify your Chinese supplier.