Although in China there is no tradition of celebrating Christmas, China is manufacturing more than 60% of the world’s Christmas decorations. Read this article to know where such huge resources of festive decorations are manufactured, get acquainted with the US duty rates on Christmas decorations, and discover the list of trade fairs in China.
Production of Christmas decoration in China
The city of Yiwu in eastern China (Zhejiang province) is called the “Christmas village”. The world’s Christmas decoration resources are manufactured here. Orders from all over the world are sent to the city in May. Another large-scale manufacture facility has been set up in the city of Dongyang because of the growing popularity of Christmas decorations also among Chinese people.
US duty rates on Christmas decorations from China
We have collected selected articles related to Christmas and checked rates of duty for you. If you want to check US duty rates on Christmas decorations as well as other products from China by yourself, click here.
Article description – Nomenclature code – US duty rate
- Christmas tree lamps – 8539.29.1000 – 5.8%
- Evergreen Christmas trees (Other) – 0604.90.60 – 7%
- Candles, tapers and the like – 3406.00.0000 – 0%
- Strip put up in packaging for use as decorative or gift-wrapping ribbon – 3920.30.00 – 5.8%
- Christmas ornaments of glass – 9505.10.10 – 0%
- Christmas ornaments of wood – 9505.10.15 – 0%
- Nativity scenes and figures thereof – 9505.10.30 – 0%
- Boxes, cases, crates and similar articles – 3923.10.20 – 0%
- Articles of apparel and clothing accessories (including gloves, mittens and mitts) – 3926.20 – 0%
- Textile products and articles (Other) – 5911.10.20 – 3.8%
Import of Christmas decorations from China – List of trade fairs
- ASIAN FESTIVE, CHRISTMAS&SEASONAL SHOW
When and where? – From 20th to 23rd of October 2019 in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Hong Kong.
At the fair, you will find Christmas ornaments, candles, gift packing materials, lanterns, as well as many others. This is the only such a big Christmas fair in China. It takes place since 2016, always in October.
- CHINA (SHENZEN) INTERNATIONAL GIFT AND HOME PRODUCTS FAIR
When and where? – From 20th to 23rd of October 2019 in Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center, Shenzhen, China.
The fair will feature various kinds of gifts and household goods.
- CHINA (GUZHEN) INTERNATIONAL LIGHTING FAIR
When and where? – From 22nd to 26th of October in Guzhen Convention and Exhibition Center, Zhongshan, China.
All kinds of decorative lighting and more.