Spielwarenmesse is one of the world’s most important fairs in the toy industry. The trade fair is held regularly in Nuremberg, Germany, and attracts over 70,000 visitors. When will Spielwarenmesse 2023 take place?
Spielwarenmesse 2023 – when and where?
The history of the Nuremberg International Toy Fair, or Spielwarenmesse, dates back to 1949. Over the years, the event has grown immensely, and although the range of product categories has expanded, its core is still the toy industry. The annual fair is an important event in the calendar of professionals in the industry. Spielwarenmesse, aside from Germany, also organizes fairs in India and Turkey.
The date of Spielwarenmesse 2023: 1-5 February
Opening hours: 9 AM-6 PM
Venue: Messezentrum Nürnberg, Messezentrum 1, 90471, Nuremberg, Germany
Discover the seven highlights of Spielwarenmesse 2023:
- “ToyTrends 2023”, the latest trends in the toy industry.
- “New Product Gallery” is one of the reasons for the huge fair popularity. It showcases innovative solutions and products not yet available on the market.
- “ToyAward” is a competition for the best products in the categories: for infants, preschoolers, schoolkids, teens, adults, sustainable development, and startups. An international jury of experts votes for the best ones in respective categories.
- “Toys go green,” a selection of innovative solutions concerning sustainability.
- “Tech2play” is an interactive area dedicated to electronic products such as electronic toys, electronic learning, robots, and much more.
- “Startup area” is a hub of innovation in a zone covering over 350m².
- “Insights-X area” is an area showcasing the latest trends in the paper, stationery, and office equipment industry.
The exhibitors at Spielwarenmesse 2023 are well-known brands and startups with interesting offers. Use the search tool and select the companies you are interested in. That way, you will not waste valuable time during opening hours. In the catalog, you will find over 2,000 exhibitors, 700 brands, and 600 product categories. About a hundred exhibitors are Chinese companies, so it will be a great opportunity to attract Chinese business partners.
Take measures against unreliable suppliers and verify a potential business partner from China before you decide to cooperate.
The fairground is divided into theme areas, making it easier for guests to navigate. For example, there are 14 international pavilions:
- Australian Pavilion
- Best of China
- British Pavilion
- Czech Pavilion
- French Pavilion
- Georgian Pavilion
- Hong Kong Pavilion
- Indian Pavilion
- Japan Pavilion
- Taiwan Pavilion
- Thai Pavilion
- Toys from Spain
- US Pavilion
- Uzbekistani Pavilion.
Main categories at Spielwarenmesse:
- lifestyle products
- dolls & soft toys
- baby and infant articles
- wooden toys, toys made from natural materials
- school articles, stationery, creative design
- technical toys, educational toys, action toys
- electronic toys
- model railways and model construction
- sports, leisure, outdoor
- festive articles, carnival, fireworks
- games, books, learning, and experimenting
- services for trade and industry
- business media.
“Best of China” at Spielwarenmesse
In the “Best of China” Pavilion, Hall 11.0, there will be 120 exhibitors. Most Chinese exhibitors focus on toys but will also showcase products such as:
- electronic devices
- home decor
- baby products
- new materials
- stationery & gifts
- sports goods
- daily products
- arts & crafts.
Hong Kong Pavilion
Visit “Hong Kong Pavilion” (Hall 4A, Hall 12) and connect with over 30 exhibitors specializing in toys, gifts, arts&crafts from Hong Kong.
Taiwan Pavilion at Spierwarenmesse
Do not miss out on products showcased by fifteen exhibitors from Taiwan in Hall 11 (“Taiwan Pavilion”).
Fairground map and hall plan
OPEN DAY Model Railways & Model Construction
A special event of the 2023 edition is the open day Model Railways & Model Construction. This is a new addition to the fair. It takes place in Hall 7A, and special tickets are required. The open day takes place on February 4 and 5 from 10 AM to 6 PM. Admission for persons 6-17 years old is free. Adults can buy day tickets for 6 euros. Only electronic tickets are available, and there is no box office on site.
During the event, a free shuttle bus will be provided between the main entrance at the Mitte metro station and the East Gate.
Register for the Spielwarenmesse 2023
Registering as a trade visitor is free of charge. Tickets are available for persons over 16 years of age and only for trade professionals. Admission prices for Spielwarenmesse:
- one-day e-ticket: 19,00 €
- permanent e-ticket: 38,00 €
You can also redeem a voucher code if you have one. There is no ticket office at the fairground.
If you cannot attend the fair but still want to enjoy it, it is possible. You can participate in Spielwarenmesse Digital. Guests can watch lectures and presentations, meet with exhibitors, and network.
The program is live from 1-5 February 2023. You can watch the videos later via the Video on Demand service.
How to get to Spielwarenmesse
It is not difficult to get to the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre, where the event is held.
You can get to the venue by motorways: A3, A6, A9, and A73. The destination is Messezentrum.
By long-distance bus
Nuremberg’s central bus station (ZOB) is located close to the main train station. There, you can transfer to the U2 line. You can be on the site within 25 minutes. Carriers operating coaches to Nuremberg from various locations in Europe:
- Blabla Bus
- National Express
- IC Bus
- Eurolines Germany
- Regio Jet
Deutsche Bahn is one of Spielwarenmesse partners. Therefore, exhibitors, visitors, and media can buy discount tickets:
- Event ticket one-way with train connection, 1st class: 84,90 €
- Event ticket one-way with train connection, 2nd class: 51,90 €
- Event ticket one-way fully flexible, 1st class: 106,90 €
- Event ticket one-way fully flexible, 2nd class: 72,90 €
The ticket is valid between 30 January and 7 February 2023. Book your ticket here.
The Messe subway stop is right at the exhibition center’s main entrance. The journey from the main train station to the venue takes around 9 minutes.
The Albrecht Dürer Airport in Nuremberg has around 60 nonstop connections. You can get to the venue by taxi or public transport (subway U2 line with a transfer at the main train station to the U1 line, get off at Messe). The journey takes around 25 minutes.
Admission ticket to the fair enables free rides on the expo days as a travel pass on all public transport in the VGN network (2nd class) in the 100/200 tariff zones.
Spielwarenmesse 2023 – more info
Enjoy the trade fair using Spielwarenmesse App. The mobile app has the best planning tools, such as a navigation function, exhibitors’ catalog, lecture program, online magazine, and more.