Chinese chemical industry has been developing very quickly in the few decades. It can be said that China generates one-third of the world’s global demand for chemical reagents (which is more than Europe). The government strictly controls foreign investments and offers a lot of help to stately owned enterprises, which are struggling to satisfy the growing demand.
Import from China – Chemical Reagents
As we know, the products of the chemical industry are very important for consumer goods production and the motor industry. Chemical reagents are used in the laboratory and experimental work. China is importing those products, so we can source chemical reagents. What are the duty rates on such substances?
EU duty rates on chemical reagents from China
EU duty rates on diagnostic or laboratory reagents on a backing, prepared diagnostic or laboratory reagents whether or not on a backing:
- For malaria (3822110000) – 0%
- For Zika and other diseases transmitted by mosquitoes of the genus Aedes (3822120000) – 0%
- For blood-grouping (3822130000) – 0%
- For SARS-CoV virus species (3822190010) – 0%
- Other (3822190090) – 0%
Contrary to medical products, laboratory reagents are subjected to veterinary control.
US tariffs on chemical reagents from China
US tariffs on diagnostic or laboratory reagents on a backing, prepared diagnostic or laboratory reagents whether or not on a backing:
- For malaria (3822.11.00.00) – 0%
- For Zika and other diseases transmitted by mosquitoes of the genus Aedes (3822.12.00.00) – 0%
- For blood-grouping (3822.13.00.00) – 0%
- Containing methyl chloroform (1,1,1-trichloroethane) or carbon tetrachloride (3822.19.00.10) – 0%
- Other (3822.19.00.80) – 0%