Alibaba Group, the Chinese e-commerce giant, has become an important part of the world’s business environment. It is hard to imagine Sino-foreign commercial activities without platforms such as Alibaba, and the Chinese cannot imagine their online shopping without Taobao or Tmall. The infographics present 10 facts about Alibaba Group that you haven’t known before.
10 facts about Alibaba Group
- Alibaba Group got 24.000 employees.
- 36.7 million registered users from more than 240 countries.
- 5.900 product categories on Alibaba.com.
- Alibaba was founded by Jack Ma, a former English teacher.
- Alibaba’s revenue in 2013 was USD 7.5 bn.
- Alibaba.com is just one product of Alibaba Group. They own Taobao.com, Alipay, and a few more huge companies.
- Yahoo currently owns 24% of Alibaba.
- Goldman Sachs was one of the first investors in Jack Ma’s site.
- According to The Economist magazine, Alibaba’s valuation is between USD 55 bn to more than USD 120 bn.
- Alibaba is aiming for the biggest IPO in history.
Want to know more about Alibaba? Check out this infographic!